Taking out a specialist Tenant insurance policy can cover you not only for fire, theft and damages to your own personal property but can also provide cover for any accidental damages that you or your guests may cause to the Landlords property for up to £2,500. Having such cover in place can therefore help protect your deposit.
In respect of this, Chapmans have teamed up with Stride Let Protect to offer our tenants access to bespoke buy to let insurance products at competitive premiums. As a respected name in the UK property insurance market for over 40 years, all policies are underwritten by some of the UK’s leading insurers.
We have selected Stride Let Protect as our preferred provider on the basis of their competitive policy which is tailored individual requirements and their reliable claims service.
What does it Cover?
Provides cover for your possessions in the event of damage that is caused by an insurable peril such as fire or theft.
- Cover for personal belongings
- Provides cover for personal effects when taken outside the home
- Accidental damage to landlords contents (if you are responsible)
Your tenancy agreement may state that you are responsible for any landlords items left at the property. This policy will cover accidental damage to these items and may help protect your deposit.
- Legal Expenses Up to £50,000 legal costs cover for disputes.
- Bicycle insurance Cover for accidental loss or damage can be arranged for bicycles up to £500 when kept in out buildings or taken away from the home.
- Occupier’s liability Up to £2,000,000 cover for your legal liability to pay damages, claimants’ costs and expenses for accidental bodily injury, illness, accidental loss of or damage to property.
- Employer’s liability £10,000,000 cover which meets your legal requirements should you employ domestic staff in relation to the property.
Other policy benefits include free legal advice and free tax advice where applicable.
In addition cover is provided for:
- Accidental damage to mirrors and fixed glass (up to £2,500).
- Accidental damage to audio, video and computer equipment (up to £2,500).
- Contents temporarily removed from the home (up to £2,500).
- Contents in outbuildings (up to £2,500) and in the open (up to £500).
- Replacement locks if keys are lost or stolen (up to £250).
- Spoilage of food in freezers (up to £300).
- Loss of domestic fuel (up to £500).
- Loss of metered water (up to £1,000).
- Payment of rent and alternative accommodation following an insured loss (up to 20 percent of your Contents Sum Insured).
- Tenant’s liability following accidental damage to the Landlords buildings and contents (up to £2,500).
- Damage caused by emergency access.
- Your liability as occupier, employer, tenant and in a personal capacity.